Hearing the stories of entrepreneurs is nothing short of INSPIRING! It’s so powerful to hear how each piece of their story so magnificently and beautifully came together to create something out of nothing. It reminds of and how each part of our story, every experience, every desire we have planted in own hearts, every open door we walk in…it’s all for something.
Mallory Martin was was a former corporate gal working in sports marketing. She’d learned all the reasons why a non-profit was not the way to do things in business school. Then, an opportunity peaked her interest and she took it! She started working with International Justice Missions that soon exposed her to the world of modern-day slavery overseas. What she didn’t know at the time was that her professional role was opening up the door to the opportunity to follow through with a personal dream. Through the unique opportunities the pandemic brought to test her idea, create an impact, and her desire to build something from the ground up, she soon launched Mended, a social impact brand that economically empowers survivors of modern-day slavery and connects their stories to globally-conscious consumers.
As we learn to understand ourselves and dig deeper, AND genuinely desire to learn about others, we allow ourselves the opportunity to grow in freedom and joy, but even more importantly we allow others the opportunity to feel seen and loved.
In our conversation on the podcast, Mallory shares more on her entrepreneurial journey plus many of the lessons learned along the way. One of my favorite insights Mallory shared was the true gift in living a life of curiosity. As we learn to understand ourselves and dig deeper, AND genuinely desire to learn about others, we allow ourselves the opportunity to grow in freedom and joy, but even more importantly we allow others the opportunity to feel seen and loved.
More TRUTHS & TAKEAWAYS
- Whatever you’re supposed to be doing right now, you’re doing it.
- We’re all gifted differently and wired differently and that in and of itself is a true gift.
- Everything is being pieced together for something. Nothing is wasted.
- Each open door you walk through opens the door to the next.
- Live in greater curiosity: about yourself and about others
- This week, think about a simple way you can further understand what brings you joy or learn more about yourself – create awareness around that moment.
- Create a litmus test for your business or your pursuits.
- Entrepreneurship can be a lonely journey – know you’re not alone, come alongside the side of someone taking that leap, or go out and support their business.
- Desires within us are planted there for a reason and will bloom in their due season.
Our desires are planted within us for a reason.
They shall bloom in their due season.
Whether you’re a globally conscious consumer, have an entrepreneurial spirit, or love supporting those who do, the story of Mended has something in it for you.