We’re all pressed for time…I get it!
After almost 10 years of marriage, five moves, three kids, long commutes, having periods of little to no flexibility in my work schedule, working for large organizations, and launching businesses, I get the craziness and whirlwind that is life.
There are a few things I’ve realized over the years, after spending so much of my energy living out the dreams of others, adding extra distractions to my life, and taking on pressures from people around me (because I didn’t want to say no or disappoint anyone). I’ve learned that the hustle and rat-race kind of life left me both feeling unfulfilled and exhausted! What about you? Are you there, too?
Here’s what I did – I stopped wasting time. I started saying “yes” more to things that mattered and “no” to the things that didn’t align with the life that I wanted for me and my family.
“Time is what we want most, but… what we use worst.” – William Penn
So, if you’re caught up in the chase for time, I’ve been there, too. While I know you can’t add more hours to your day, here’s a little secret to having more time in your day.
Be wiser about how you spend your time and stop exhausting yourself wasting it. You have more control of the time in your day than you’ve conditioned yourself to believe. The more time that you can stop wasting, the more time and mental energy you’ll have back in your day.
Here are five tips…
- QUIT WASTING YOUR TIME in the comparison trap. The more you compare yourself to your peers, colleagues, or the Instagram accounts of others, the more time you’ll waste. The best path you can be on is your own path. You have everything you need to get you on your way so get going on your way! And remember…your story will always look different and different can be a really wonderful thing.
- QUIT WASTING YOUR TIME searching for the one right way. If you find yourself searching and waiting for the “one right way” to level up your business, make that career change, or maybe even create a work schedule around your life instead of the other way around, you’ll be left sitting and waiting for a really long time! Because the truth is, there’s not just one right way of getting to the destination. Learn from others, but know that YOUR way is the best way for YOU.
- QUIT WASTING YOUR PEAK HOURS on things that don’t matter. Know your “prime time” and use it wisely. Set your alarm 30 minutes early. Go to bed 30 minutes earlier. Get the rest you need and use the time you have wisely.
- QUIT WASTING YOUR TIME frantically working to live out someone else’s dreams. Start living out yours.
- QUIT WASTING YOUR TIME filling your mind with negativity, limiting beliefs, unresolved problems, and distractions. Spend it on positivity, courageous steps, and solutions. Turn off the TV, put down your phone, and stop telling yourself lies.
- QUIT WASTING YOUR TIME trying to become who the world tells you to be. Be who you were meant to be. It’ll be far less exhausting and you’ll be less burned out.
As you begin to remove all this wasted time in your day, you’ll have so much more time to invest in you and your business so you can:
- Take better care of yourself and of your people.
- Build more connections and meaningful relationships.
- Create more space for what really matters.
- Work smarter on your work or business rather than harder in your business.
If time is of the essence to you and you want to make it count, there’s no better time than now.